Home » » HOW TO, SETS, GREEN SCREENS, AND MORE - FAQ

HOW TO, SETS, GREEN SCREENS, AND MORE - FAQ

Hello everybody and welcome to a new part of a series I want to start ad it is all about you and your questions. During the past few months a lot of questions reached me trough email, Twitter, or Facebook, but also some people in real life asked me things about the world of movies and my blog and today I want to a new FAQ series, in which I will answer all those questions


The most frequented question and I guess the most interesting was: how did you become a person who is able to do reviews and all the things you are doing on your blog?

My story behind that is a bit longer and I will try not to make too long. I started to work for a local newspapers when I was a kid, it was for the newspaper from that town I was living before I started to study. While working for that newspaper I started to do my first reviews about series actually. The editorial stuff and office liked them a lot and so they promoted me and send me out to the biggest newspaper in Berlin, Germany: Berliner Morgenpost. Having arrived there I started to do my first reviews for cinemas movies. Here I made a lot of friends during the time while I was working there, and I still have contact with them. During my exams I was not able to go on with doing reviews. In 2005, during my studies I contacted my friends from the newspaper again, and I asked them if they have a job and an editorial part for me to do reviews again. They said no, but they said we have a local newspaper we can recommend to you in Hamburg. So I contacted them, I started to work there during my studies, and I started to travel around Europe to get more experience of the world of movies. I went to Paris, Barcelona, Prague, and many other cities. Then I finished my studies, I moved, and recently someone told me you should do that again. So I started to create this blog and here I am, of course again with the help of my friends. During my studies I did a media and editorial certificate because not everyone can do reviews and is allowed to give out points and comments on movies, just to make them official and legal which is also my pass to exclusive previews, pre-screenings, and more which is happening behind the scenes. That is the reason why I started this blog and I love to talk about movies and write down my thoughts and comments about them. I hope this answers the most frequent asked question so far.

Than robbie38 asked me something pretty cool: I wanted to know how studios can have access to different settings, are those real places like New York and L.A. or is this all printed on blue and green screens?

This is a good question, and I honest answer is that I have bare information about this actually. Of course it will depend on the studios and on the budget, those box offices (this what you call the investments of a studios before a production starts) alternate and I think a lot of settings which we can see in the latest movies are taken at real places. For example let's take Fast and Furious 8, I am pretty that they closed down the roads in Cuba or Alaska, but obviously not in New York, even thought some scenes where taken there in real. Sometimes you can see that if you follow up on the making of of a movie and F8 is the best example. That is the most honest I answer I can give here.

Next question comes from Daniel and he said: Hey, I like the review of Conjuring 1 + 2 and I wanted to know if those and other horror movies are most likely taken on green screens or not? Keep on doing more reviews, I like them a lot.

Thanks for the nice words and actually Conjuring 2 is the best example on how to do a great horror movie without any green screen. All the effects were made by hand or technical equipment and the makeup was done by their makeup artists. James Wan is not a fan of using to many CGI effects or greens, me personally too, because for example the effects in the Bye Bye Man or in Ouija 2 are really bad you can see that the studio used those CGI effects to give the movie more drama and scary moments and most of the time this fails in horror movies, which is a huge problem especially in that kind of genre, but maybe we'll talk about this in another FAQ.

A lot of people asked me what is actually you favorite SCI-FI movie, this question came from members of our forum contributions and contributors.
 
This is not so easy to answer because I like a lot. Let me think a bit. I like Apollo 13 a lot, it's a movie from 1995 and what they did here and the high standards used this that movie are incredible if you think back which standards they had during the 90s. 
 
 
 
 
The second movie which I really love is Passengers. When I saw that one last year I was amazed. The storytelling is more than awesome because it is a SCI-FI romance and has some effects taken from the drama and action genre, the movie has incredible pictures from the Universe which have never been seen before and it is a movie which good enough, even though there are only 3 characters in there and they can carry the story on in a way which is just awesome. Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence are just great in that movie.




And the final question also asked by our forum is what is your favorite genre?
Simple and short answer, I don't have a favorite genre, but I have a favorite movie which I talked about here already and this one is an action movie but this does not mean that I like action movies only. I want to give all movies a chance to go into my heart and mind and so I think it is also fair because every movie should be seen from a neutral point of view and therefore I simply don't have any favorite genre.

So these are the first few questions I wanted to answer, thanks for everyone who talked to me either in person or through social media, keep them coming.
Don't forget to subscribe, like and comments on this and other posts, thanks a lot for reading, I know today it was a lot but I liked to answer your questions a lot.
So thanks therefore, have a wonderful day and have fun watching movies.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2017. MOVIETOWN
Blogger Templates